I love this. I love guys (and no doubt there are girls like this also) who think their high IQ is a sword they can use to defend themselves from lower class mortals who dare try to join them on their path for a while. Go ahead. Write me a novel. Write me an encyclopedia filled with your certainties and your knowledge about love, life, world economics or how Microsoft Windows users should be shipped to a remote island in the north pole region. Your true message is clear. You want me to show you my IQ sword and see if I can slay you. I probably could, but given that you have demonstrated you have no taste for humour or heart, I really have no interest in going into battle with you. I just don't see the prize.
You can belong to Mensa, you can be working on a cure for cancer, but if you have no sense of how to relate to and engage people from all walks of life, then I have no real use for you. Book smarts will get you places, open big doors for you to saunter though, but emotional intelligence, charisma, heart, compassion, these are the things that introduce you to authentic people who are worth knowing. Those are the people that will stop for you when you're lying on a sidewalk bleeding. Those are the people who can see right through your flimsy defense and feel compassion for the injured soul inside of you.
I hate to break it to you, but you're still human. I'm afraid they still haven't found a magic pill for broken hearts, so if it is love that you want, you really are going to have to put down the attitude, dude, and take the risk.
So yes, thank you for those beautiful 427 words you gave me, even if they were followed by a PS, I'm too busy. You have enlightened me, to say the least. You may have enjoyed Pride and Prejudice, but you have so far failed to see yourself in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment