For the reception I was seated at table 17 with Diana, Sandy and her husband Bob, and the other Jill in my old department and her fiance Rob. Yes, table 17 had two Bobs and two Jills. Go figure.
At one point Sandy asked, "So where do you plan on getting married, Jill?" and at first I was going to reply, "Oh Sandy, I haven't even considered that dream yet," but then I realized she was talking to The Other Jill. There were a few moments like that. I'm just not very used to or good at being one of two.
It was really nice to see my old co-workers, my friends! I miss so much having them around me.
I wore The Betseys tonight. When I arrived at the reception I informed Tracy that I hadn't worn The Betseys since my birthday and that they only come out for very special occasions. At the time it seemed like a nice, warm and fuzzy sentimental moment, but that was before I discovered how uncomfortable The Betseys are. I would like to take this moment to say a few words to The Betseys:
Oh Betsey babe, you know I love you. From the moment I spotted you across the room in Macy's I was sold, and then you were sold to me. Bets, you are incredibly sexy and I love that you come from New York. I love the way you secretly wink at me from your soles. But Betsey, baby, you kill me. You put me in so much pain! Make me weak in the knees and numb in my toes, Bets, I can't do this with you all the time. I wish we could go out together more but it just can't work. I like to dance and mingle and you just want me to sit and look pretty with you. What are we going to do Betsey J? What are we going to do?
My Betsey Johnson heels (aka, The Birthday Shoes from New York) have pink soles with Betsey's winking face painted on the bottom. I don't like to wear them out because I don't want to scratch up Betsey's face. Today I wore flats to walk from the parking lot to the venue and then changed into my heels once inside. To further protect The Betseys I also covered the soles with Glad Press and Seal wrap--worked perfectly!
I watched Tracy go into the ladies room with one of her attendants and it made me pause to think--should I ever find myself in a massive white dress of tulle and silk, is there anyone in my life who would come to my assistance when I had to pee? I mean, I love my sister and I love Lisa, but I just don't know if our relationships have provisions for that duty. Note to self, before finding Prince C., ask around to see if you have someone in your life who would hold your skirts up in the loo so you can tinkle.
I was disappointed to learn when I got home tonight that I didn't get any head to toe shots of me and The Betseys. Check out more photos from the wedding here.
1 comment:
I must remember that red wine does deeply unattractive things to teeth.
It was fun to see you, especially all done up - you were HAWT!
Kat
Post a Comment