I got to watch Vampire Diaries tonight at Lisa's thanks to the magic of TiVo. I told Lisa I haven't loved a show this much since The O.C. She laughed because she knows. After that we watched Grey's. I am not a fan of Grey's Anatomy. I can't stand Meredith or her miniature version they call her sister, but I tolerate them because Lisa likes the show quite a bit. However, tonight's episode was a total stinker. If you haven't seen the ep yet, you might want to close your window now or hit Next Blog up there and I pray for you that what comes up isn't a porn site if you are at work.
All clear?
Okay, so they did a super holiday special show. First it was Thanksgiving, then Mini Meredith chopped the end of her pinky finger off and they zipped over to Christmas. New Year's concluded the episode. One hour, three major holidays and a chopped off digit. Okay, maybe my CW assignment this week was sub-par, but it was no worse than the November 19 episode of Grey's Anatomy. What with all the sappy miracles, blips of characters (I'm looking at you, surprise daughter of Sloan) it was cheesier than a wheel of smoked Gouda and more gorged with cliches than the greeting card wall at the dollar store. Oh yes, it made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside didn't it America? And then when they played the commercials for the big Christmas sales you said, forget the recession, Derek and Sloan just saved a little boy by picking a blood vessel out of his nose, life is beautiful, I'm going shopping!
On Friday night when I am pulling my hair out trying to fix my story, to breath life into the characters and cut out the cancers that is awful dialogue, when I am ready to throw Mac at the wall and walk away, I will remember this week's episode of Grey's and I will lower the bar for myself a little, just a smidgen so long as I don't resort to Christmas miracles as plot fillers.
1 comment:
Agreed. That was the worst, choppiest, nonsensical episode of Grey's ever.
I'm sure your writing is nothing like it and what's more, that it won't degenerate to crappiness once your fame and success has been established. I hate that. They must really think we're all suckers.
Post a Comment