Monday, May 12, 2008

All this and she can write captions too!

Argh, I've been procrastinating on blogging for too long and now I'm forgetting details.

My contact at the Red Shoe House asked me to help out at the fundraiser fashion show last week. She wanted someone to work with the photographer--taking down names for captions--and write the article for the next newsletter.

The day of the event she introduced me and the photographer to each other by an e-mail. His name was Doug. I crossed my fingers that he was Hot-Single-Photographer Doug. He was not, but he was still a lot of fun to hang out with for the night and kept me laughing. I added a lot to my experience as a photographer's assistant--following someone around, taking down names with attention to spelling, and not complaining about the angry pangs of hunger in your stomach because you haven't had a bite to eat since that salad at 11 am. Seriously, Doug, you'd work with me again, right?

When Doug and I were chatting before the event he asked what I do for fun. The first thing that came to mind was, "I'm a blogger". It was weird, I've never identified myself that way before, never mind to someone I had just met. Funny though, it's still easier for me to say that than, "I'm a writer".

I did get to take home a gift bag, that, much to my delight, included a package of McDonald Land cookies and many other fun freebies.

Picture by Doug Little. I forgot to get these guys' names, and phone numbers...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky for you. . I got their names and numbers. . . but one second. . . you could have clarified, that I'm "Good Looking-Married-Photographer Doug" ! ! ! The, "He was not. . " kind of makes me sound like I'm Quasimodo. . . : )

But to further this comment along, when I was introduced to you via e-mail, I automatically assumed that you, Jill, would be an intelligent, professional, courteous, and proficient assistant, which you were. And with a name like Jill, of course I knew you would be entertaining. . .

It was fun working with you, and I hope to work with you again soon. . .

I hope you get a laugh out of my diatribe!

Thanks again for all your help the other night, and I hope you have had at least one good meal since then.

Doug

Anonymous said...

I follow a blog called Charming, but Single. Doug Little is Charming, but Married. He's also very nice for giving me such a glowing review. Now hand over those phone numbers, Doug! ;)