Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mac n'Cheese

There is a new guy in my life and it's about time I officially introduce him. His name is Mac.

Before I moved I was researching my computer options. I wanted a laptop because I liked the idea of portability. I like having the freedom to work while sitting on the floor, or with my feet tucked up in the chair, or while lounging on my bed. Someday, when I have the financial means to travel again, I will want to blog and connect with the people back home while on the road. And so, the laptop seemed the obvious choice.

After a month or more of talking with the guys at the computer store my dad deals with at work, I finally decided on the PC laptop I wanted. I had looked at Macs but never considered them seriously as they always seemed out of my price range. A few weeks ago, when I went into the store to order my computer I got distracted by a flyer showing a Mac laptop for only $100 more. I was intrigued. The guys brought one out for me to see, touch, admire. I went home that night decidedly undecided. but it didn't take long before I convinced myself to take the leap over to the Mac world.

Mac is definitely different from what I'm used to. I worked a bit on Macs in college and used Vince's affectionately named PoBo a few times when I visited him. Between him and my graphics designers friends in the Artshoppe at work, I figured I had enough help at my disposal.

There are still some things about Mac I just can't figure out but I have all my basic needs taken care of. As long as I can blog and go on the net I'm happy. My favourite non-essential perk is how very Carrie Bradshaw I feel. Yes, I agree, Mac and I were made for each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! You mad a great decision by allowing Mac in to your life. I'm quite sure you'll find he's a good guy - if nothing else you'll find him to be much more consistent and reliable then some of the other "fish in the sea."

Best of luck navigating your new relationship!
~W