Chris figured out what we had to take and where we had to go. I just went along with it.
"How do you know this is the yellow line?" I asked.
"Because the line on the floor is yellow."
"Oh," I said, but still wondered if it was a design choice and not a helpful clue. (Note, Chris is in fact, full of crap about the yellow line. None of the other subway lines have a matching floor.)
After the Union Station we found our way to the CN Tower. We went beyond bending over backwards to get a picture.
Next we headed for the water. It was a cool day but I expected to see more people out and about. I guess it's not tourist season but, really, where was everyone on a Saturday afternoon? We took some more pictures. Chris has done some modeling and I am just a clown, so the afternoon became more about finding photo opportunities than actual sight-seeing.
We didn't really set out with anything to see or do for the afternoon. Chris said he wanted to find a Bank of Montreal and I said I'd like to get to Eaton Centre and find the Abercrombie store. After consulting a map, we found that we generally had to head east of the tower so after a pit-stop at Starbucks for a Grande Cinnamon Dulce, extra hot (it was cold enough that I could see my breath) we wandered further and stumbled upon the financial district. I don't know why, but I get excited about Bay Street. I would put it in the same category as Rodeo Drive and Route 66. Just standing there I felt like I was in the middle of something very big and powerful. We kept walking as we still had not found the bank. We saw every other major bank, but no BMO. I pointed and laughed when I spotted the BMO logo on a four storey building.
"No wonder we couldn't find it, your bank is the smallest building on the block," I said. Then Chris directed my gaze upwards to the top of a very tall sky scraper where the BMO logo also appeared.
"Oh." (Note, Vince informed us later that the BMO building is the tallest one in the city. My response was another big "Oh.")
We captured a few more photos and eventually found Eaton Centre. I popped into Abercrombie and took a cologne sample that smelled just like the store.
At 4:00 we decided to make our way back to Vince's place. We took a bit of a different route home and once again, I trusted Chris when he explained where we would get off. I'm not incapable of riding a subway system, it just takes me a bit to feel comfortable with one. I did a decent job on my own in San Francisco with Vince's instructions. Anyway, Chris said we could save a transfer if we rode to the Spadina stop instead. It sounded right. When we got up to the street level though things looked not so good. I checked the number of the house beside me. It was 66 Spadina. Vince is at 666.
"Maybe Spadina is a road and an avenue," Chris mused.
"It is!" I groaned. "Look, Spadina Avenue ends, and then it turns to Spadina Road. Vince is on Spadina Avenue." The road and the avenue are the same strip of road, but we had walked north in the direction of the ascending numbers of Spadina Road; Spadina Avenue was numbered in the opposite direction. Confused? Well then surely you can appreciate how we got turned around.
On the way back more hilarity ensued with photo ops. Getting lost was the most fun thing we could have done.
More pictures here
It's actually 5am as I write this. We got home from clubbing around 4. More on that tomorrow.
2 comments:
Jettsetter Jil!
Those pictures RULE! lol. I especially love that ladies face in the orange jacket staring at you on the ground. She thinks you're all kinds of CRAZY. If she only saw you sniffin the abercrombie juice. *sigh. I hope you brought back the Abercrombie bag like we discussed. And i hope you're collecting some inspiration for your theme partay.
I *was* all kinds of crazy! As we walked out the doors to this spot there were a few people doing the same thing and I thought they looked bizarre until I realized what they were doing and then thought they were genius. I love that lady's expression too. The picture is too perfect. I hope to go back to Abercrombie tomorrow. It was too busy the other day for my liking.
Post a Comment