Thursday, April 26, 2007

ajillstory skips town

Today I got on a plane, left sunny Winnipeg behind and touched down in Toronto for a six day escape. What possessed me to get up and go? I present to you a few different theories:

a. Job interview with The Agency, Toronto office.

b. Secret internet love rendez-vous.

c. Plan to meet up with Vince and elope.

The answer is of course d, none of the above (although Vince has given me a key to his apartment, heh. That one was for you Rob, beat you to it). About two weeks ago I mentioned to Vince that his birthday party was looking very tempting. He wrote back that it would be cool if I came out. So I checked flights, booked the time off, and well, here I am. I was feeling very jet-setter that I decided on a whim to fly out for my friend's 26th birthday party until I found out Chris was coming out too in even more of a jet-setter fashion--he's flying in Saturday morning and heads back Sunday evening. It should be fun!

Summary of the day:

Got up early. Couldn't sleep in. Assembled a flying outfit. On Amara's advice I wanted to pick out something impressive so I would look like I was someone important with some place to go. I decided on dark jeans, white t-shirt, black jacket and my favourite floral heels.










The rest of the day I kept notes in my journal. Instead of typing them out, I'll just post them here.


Got an e-mail from Abby today. Apparently someone in the department left rather abruptly. I swear, every time I have this weird effect on work places. Last time I went away someone on my team resigned. It's happened with other places too.

Anyway, stay tuned for more jillstory adventures in T.O.

2 comments:

Vince said...

I passed by someone that looked exactly like you today. When are you gonna visit me???

I think you needed better lighting on those journal pics and to use the macro (flower) mode on your camera, plus you needed to be able to click on the pictures to enlarge them... Don't mind me, I'm just being picky.

Anonymous said...

Bah, I thought you would be able to make them bigger. My bad, I didn't test it all out last night. I was too sleepy and just wanted to get the post up. I'll fix it today...I don't have a flower icon on my camera. It's got a P (Panoramic I think...) A, (no clue) S (for some reason I think this might be the one I need) and an M which makes the screen go black.

You passed by someone who looks just like me? Funny, I had a dream last night that I was in your apartment again watching some horrible television.